Sunday 18 January 2015

Miss Dior Cherie Christian Dior



I have been curious about the pre-reformulation i.e before 2011 Miss Dior Cherie and when someone leaked out a legit source for a 50 ml at a decent price I jumped on it. I will probably get lynched by the MDC pre-reformulation fans but I seriously don't see the big deal about this which is a huge relief as I was afraid I'll fall for something that is near impossible to find what with fakes galore and ever escalating prices online.

Tartly green, sweet juicy fruits with dominant strawberry and orange notes, minimal squeaky clean floral tinged musk and someone stole my caramel popcorn! And...patchouli? Where? It's undoubtedly a sunny and light scent that is nice and suitable for young tender moments and would be safe as a gift but for me it has no depth, no soul, no story. Average longevity but the projection seems to be minimal on me.

It really does smell like Montale's Roses Elixir except the Montale seems sweeter so if you are missing your MDC you might want to try the Montale, or I might consider selling/swapping mine away. For a mainstream "pretty" patchouli, I'll stick with Chanel Coco Mademoiselle thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment