Tuesday 31 March 2015

Gin Fizz Lubin

Desirability: Full bottle
Source: Fragrantica

I like not love green/aromatic fragrances, most of the ones I've tried are well green and all that comes with being green but none have been interesting enough to capture my wallet's heart. With Gin Fizz, Lubin proves that it is possible to be creative with aromatic scents.

I love juniper and before I met Gin Fizz my favourite scent with juniper would have to be Cade by L'Occitane but personally I find it a tad too masculine to wear with ease and instead use the shower gel for my Cade fix. Gin Fizz has the same gorgeous bitter juniper note but is much less woody than Cade, instead throwing in green moss, light florals, citrus, clean white musk and aquatic notes. Where Cade is dry and woody, Gin Fizz feels bright and airy, more unisex than masculine, classy and unusual. My only issue with it is that although the projection is OK the longevity could be improved, I get about two hours' wear which seems to be keeping in character with quite a number of citrus/aromatic fragrances that I've tried so far. Apart from the not so great longevity, I can't find any other fault with Gin Fizz. Summer in a bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment