Tuesday 25 November 2014

Cuir Ottoman Parfum d'Empire

Cuir Ottoman Parfum d`Empire for women and men

I like, I do not love. 

Cuir Ottoman. The name evokes images of sweat, musk, animals, leather, darkness...
The opening is promising, bitter harsh leather, but it didn't last for more than a few minutes before becoming a very civilized, polite suede. It's like the evolution of a cave man to a modern man not over hundreds of thousands of year but over mere minutes. 
Isabel Marant / Dicker Boot
Isabel Marant Dicker boot, courtesy of lagarconne.com

Cuir Iris might be a more suitable name, as the powdery and earthy iris is more dominant apart from the explosive tarry opening. The leather as I mentioned becomes a smooth, polished suede and instead of a pair of Frye cowboy boots, I'm thinking of Isabel Marant's suede Dicker boots, sand colored ones.The scent is made even more amiable with the addition of sweet creamy vanilla, warm resins and a much toned down incense that provides a spiced relief from all the congeniality. 

A well-crafted and elegant iris/suede perfume with no rough edges, that would appeal to both sexes and would wear well for all occasions, having a moderate sillage and good longevity. As much as I find its pleasing countenance attractive, I will throw my lot in with moodier leathers such as Serge Lutens' Cuir Mauresque, Les Exclusifs de Chanel's Cuir de Russie, Papillon Artisan Perfumes' Anubis, Mona di Orio's Cuir and...you get my drift.  


No comments:

Post a Comment