Wednesday 26 November 2014

Douceur de Vanille Les Néréides

Source: olivolga.com

If you've gotten tired of me going on about my obsession with bitter almonds of late, please accept my apologies and skip this as I'll be raving about yet another bitter almond. Douceur de Vanille is a very affordable and under the radar bitter almond/vanilla combination that deserves more attention.

I had forgotten my little bottle till today when being under attack by a circulating flu bug, I reached for it as it makes me feel like I just swapped my work clothes for an old and comfortable baggy tee sans restrictive brassiere. You know the feeling? Well that's Douceur de Vanille for me.

I will admit that on first application (mine is a dab bottle not spray) it was a bit of a shock. It's really harsh bitter almonds and star anise, quite medicinal and not douceur (sweetness) at all. Patience does pay and you are rewarded with the softest, subtly sweet nutty vanilla that upon sniffing makes me think of cute cherubs, kittens, babies and other cuddly things.

It is a soft scent on me throughout but it lasts a good few hours, I get about 6 hours of wear before I can't smell it anymore no matter how much hot air I puff on my skin. Highly recommend for bitter almond lovers, as despite the name, almond takes the lead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment