Friday 28 November 2014

Tilda Swinton Like This Etat Libre d`Orange

Desirability: Decant
Source: Luckyscent.com

After citrus and ginger pay a fleeting visit, I smell a strange but yummy pie cooking. It smells like a spiced pumpkin pie ( I smell cinnamon but can't identify the others), something that I can't find in Singapore, that is to say I haven't found one that I like. I think the best bet would to make one using Libby's pumpkin pie mix. There's maple syrup in this too and weirdly enough, I smell something crisp and green like parsley? I do mean parsley and not cilantro which has a zesty citrus flavour, parsley is the green sprig they use to garnish dishes which tastes a bit peppery and bitter green. 

The various smells blend well so that after about twenty minutes I can't single them out anymore, however the peppery notes stick out on the paper strip while the maple syrup/pumpkin pie effect is more prominent on my skin. The smooth blend smells both spiced and sweet, a warm and inviting scent that reminds me of the festive season just around the corner and its associations, like twinkly lights, carols, gargantuan feasts and oddly enough reindeer jumpers ( I must be thinking of Mark Darcy in his reindeer jumper at the Jones' turkey curry buffet). On skin it evolves further into a smoky maple syrup with wood notes, remaining like this till the end. I think Like This should be tested on skin to reveal its beauty as the paper strip seems to emphasize the spices which drums out the other notes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment