Thursday 11 December 2014

Embruns Keiko Mecheri

Source:  www.allaviolettaboutique.com

Embruns. Sea spray.

Probably not the most attractive description of Embruns but it smells like salted orange peels that were dipped in water in an attempt to wash off some of the salt and preservatives. Embruns has peppery opening overlaying the citrus and salt water notes, the pepper doesn't tickle the nostrils and perks up the other two notes but does not last for long, leaving the salt and citrus to be joined in the drydown by smoky woody notes.

It's unisex but not my cup of tea (which I prefer rich and thick) and I agree with those who think this aromatic aquatic composition would work better on a man, being so fresh and lightweight it feels more like a eau de cologne than an eau de parfum.

My grumble about Embruns would be that it is barely a skin scent on me even after smearing on most of my sample from Luckyscent. Another fragrance lover suggested it might project better if sprayed on as opposed to dabbing but I'll have to get another sample to test that hypothesis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment