Monday 1 December 2014

La Petite Robe Noire Couture Guerlain




After the entry of citrus notes disappear faster than I do at social events where I know nobody and am thus forced to make small talk or hold up the wallpaper, La Petite Robe Noire Couture gets straight to the point of what she is, a berried rose patchouli as opposed to her predecessor La Petite Robe Noire who was a creamy dark cherry/licorice/almond. Despite being called "Couture" and dressed in a slinky black evening gown, I find LPRNC to be more playful than LPRN whose more vampy nature might be suited to the slinky gown instead of the frilly dress she's in. There appears to be a disagreement as to what kind of fruit is in LPRNC as some say cherries and others declare it's berries, for me I am in the berry camp for what I smell are tart and sweet raspberries. 

With a decent projection and longevity, La Petite Robe Noire Couture is worth the price she commands for compared to other fruity-florals (celebrity or similarly branded) she smells expensive and is devoid of any lingering chemical lab notes that usually ruin these types for me, for instance despite being a fan of Dominique Ropion, I cannot wear Lancome's La Vie Est Belle without feeling nauseated not from the sweet gourmand she is but an underlying artificial note that ruined La Vie Est Belle for me. I get the same vibes from scents like The One Desire by Dolce & Gabbana although the caramel in there smells quite natural; Dolce & Gabbana's Pour Femme had toxic marshmallows; Thierry Mugler's The Taste of Fragrance Alien had this melted plastic pseudo-caramel that killed it for me after the first wear and has been put up for adoption.   

La Petite Robe Noire Couture is a happy and lively scent who doesn't take anything too seriously and is a great companion to brighten you up on the days that you have to get out of bed but really don't want to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment