Sunday 21 December 2014

SJP NYC Sarah Jessica Parker

Source: www.childmode.com

I might get stoned by the niche crowd for this but I actually prefer SJP NYC for my strawberry fix than Montale Roses Elixir as lovely as it is. The strawberry leaf in Roses Elixir gives it a green tartness that is refreshing but when I am in the mood for strawberries and cream, it's SJP NYC that answers my call. Sure there is citrus in SJP NYC but the dominant notes for me are the strawberry fruit and sweet vanilla, drying down to a light and soapy fruity musk that lingers for a few hours. 

Despite the over the top bottle decoration that actually is quite "Carrie Bradshaw" the scent itself isn't loud and despite being a celebrity fruity floral which I try to avoid having been burnt too many times in the past with synthetic messes, it's quite nice. Well I definitely think it's nice, considering I traded a decant of Le Labo Lys 41 for a bottle of SJP NYC to the giddy astonishment of my swap partner. Don't expect too much and you might even be pleasantly surprised by this affordable bargain. Linear and simple, it's a great companion for casual sunny afternoons for females of any age. 

No comments:

Post a Comment