Monday 22 December 2014

Portrait of a Lady Frederic Malle

Desirability: Full Bottle
Portrait of a Lady Frederic Malle for women
Source: Fragrantica

I have two important things to say. Firstly to the dear friend who traded me 10 ml of Portrait of a Lady, thank you for re-introducing me to this stunning Malle creation. Secondly I owe a big apology to Portrait of a Lady for having once said that I prefer Noir Epices to her. Not that I've changed my mind about Noir Epices but to the woe of my bank account both perfumes are now on my want list. 

Source: 
If Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Pour Femme is my heartbreakingly lovely rose/patchouli then Portrait of a Lady would be my rose/patchouli seduction tool if the occasion for one were to ever arise. 

Unlike in Noir Epices where the spices command the stage, here in Portrait of a Lady the spices are present but mild-tempered, showcasing a voluptuous heady rose that's practically pouting and dark smouldering patchouli with billows of incense undulating in their wake.

 If this be a lady, she is a lady by day only. This is not to say that Portrait of a Lady is a tramp for she isn't by far, lacking any animalic musks or sweaty spices which are my prerequisites for the label. Instead I would say that she issues a challenge to those who would dare. 

Although I've been calling the scent a "she" I find Portrait of a Lady to be comfortably unisex and would be alluring on anyone comfortable in wearing this chock-full of patchouli potent drug. A sultry rose and heady patchouli? All I need is a flick of eye-liner a la Bridget Bardot and the right black dress...I'm thinking of Bernie Dexter in the Super Spy dress by Heart of Haute and I'm ready to rumble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment