Thursday 29 January 2015

Moon Dance Juliette Has A Gun

Desirability: Decant
Source: twitter.com

Dirt alert. 
Skin chemistry is a weird and wonderful thing isn't it? Where my boss got mostly flowers, on my skin Moon Dance emitted the ahem...organic fertilizer feeding the flower bushes. No complaints from me as I'm quite happy that JHAG has packaged a marvellously stinkiest of stinky musk, be it real or synthesized it's a job very well done. However if you prefer your flowers leached and light, I would probably advise not to try Moon Dance as it's not likely to be your cup of funky reek. 

Picture a grimy and sweaty (but Über hot) gardener shovelling fertilizer amongst bushes of huge, drooping blooms ( I smell the narcotic white flowers tuberose and ylang ylang). So the dirty musk off the gardener in need of a shower, the heady floral notes and the earthy scent from the compost. There you have Moon Dance. The initial pungency gradually gives way to the floral notes which come forward and shine but that dirty patchouli/musk effect is never far behind. So it feels a bit bipolar, one moment it's pretty sweet flowers and then it turns to faecal tinged flowers. It's crazy and I liked it, then the musk turned tamer towards the dry down, becoming more like a floral musk from the Narciso Rodriguez line as if the gardener did end up having a good scrub. Personally I found the foetid part more appealing than the cleaner musk.

Moon Dance has got a good scent trail so be careful with how much is applied, despite an attack of my chronic allergic rhinitis, one spray of Moon Dance was enough to issue wafts of something naughty within a one metre radius. 


No comments:

Post a Comment