Friday 2 January 2015

Philosykos Diptyque



Casual Friday at work and Philosykos is very much unisex and casual. My first true "figgy" perfume and while over the years I've met and appreciated other figs such as Profumum Roma's Dambrosia, I've not felt the need for another fig...yet. Although I've got my eye on a discounted full bottle of Dambrosia. 

While Dambrosia takes you on a journey from a ripe fig to a glazed fig tart in its drydown, Philosykos smells like I'm standing under a fig tree, or many fig trees. Or even wearing a fig tree, leaves and all. It's a linear amalgamation of sweet juicy figs, green trees and fresh coconut water drunk straight from the shell. Crisp, woody, light...absolutely delicious and natural smelling.    

The only downside to the EDT is that it fades really fast and stays close to the skin. I've heard that the EDP smells remarkably similar to the EDT but with much improved staying power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment