Wednesday 14 January 2015

Tubereuse Criminelle Serge Lutens

Source: www.supermama.lt

This makes me smile. 

It's Vicks vapour rub with tuberose and I love it. It smells much much better on skin than on paper so don't judge it on paper alone. 

The opening might be a tad challenging for those who are not forewarned but it's not as malodorous as some reviews have made it out to be, like I said it smells similar to Vicks, a mentholated topical cream(cloves, nutmeg and mint with some sweetness) that I associate with my childhood, my mom used to rub under my nostrils when I had a cold. Other people smell camphor(mothballs) instead but I find them to be similar, cool and penetrating. On a side note, methol and camphor are terpenoids and both menthol and camphor are combined in many complementary and alternative medicines to alleviate many conditions from coughs to aches and pains. 

Once your nose gets used to the medicinal notes, the tuberose becomes more obvious and all the notes get along very well together! Combined, they create at once something both startling yet seductive that in a room of nondescript "safe" scents, Tubereuse Criminelle would stand out unique and memorable. Tuberose scents have a positive effect on moods and help to relieve stress, anger, depression etc. I have long adored the flower for its multi-faceted personality, showcased in Tubereuse Criminelle are its calm and cool greenness as well as its lush animalic carnality and hats off to Serge Lutens once again for another dramatic, imaginative twist on what appear to be incompatible notes.

Brilliant and potent, its projection is about an arm's length on me and the longevity is excellent. If you are looking for a tuberose with uniqueness, I recommend this interesting minx. Nothing remotely criminal about this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment