Monday 8 December 2014

Café Cacao En Voyage Perfumes

Source: www.basenotes.net

“What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of chocolate.” 
― Katharine Hepburn.

I would be perfectly content to be holed up with BCCC (which is also reflective of my college grades)- books, chocolate, chips/crisps (or anything potato) and coffee. Café Cacao has two of my loves chocolate and coffee, it is literally a sea salt chocolate bar in a bottle, the chocolate being a dark chocolate of say 70% with that unique and well-balanced bittersweet cocoa taste. I say 70% not 90% as 90% is a bit too intense for my liking and with 70% you still get a tinge of sweetness. The salt in Café Cacao isn't your regular table salt, it's the characteristic sweet and salty earthy smell that I associate with ambergris with a bit of funky odour thrown in. 

The coffee in Café Cacao isn't like the sweet dark coffee in Bond No. 9 I Love New York For All which could have been a cup from Starbucks or another coffee club, in Café Cacao the coffee reminds me of Turkish coffee that's wonderfully pungent and flavoured with cardamom and slightly burnt( in Café Cacao that is). As the scent settles down on my skin, it turns sweeter and more creamy but I love how the salty and bitter notes keep Café Cacao from turning into a too sweet mocha. 

I got Café Cacao as part of a trio including Captured in Amber and Indigo Vanilla, my favourite being Café Cacao followed closely by Captured in Amber. I should be fair and say that it's not the fault of Indigo Vanilla but I'm afraid I've been too engrossed with the other two to have paid Indigo Vanilla the deserved attention for now. From what I've tried, the trio which come in dab bottles of 4ml of Eau de Parfum but have an oilier consistency more like an extrait, have very good projection and longevity.

Trivia: if you ever wondered what the cacao percentages mean or want to know the process of making chocolate from scratch, I found this page to be thoroughly informative for a wannabe chocolate know it all. Chocolate: A Complete Beginner’s Guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment