Sunday 7 December 2014

Dambrosia Profumum Roma

Source: Fragrantica

I love eating figs fresh or dried and have recently started looking to expand the fig section of my scent wardrobe, Diptyque's green and woody Philosykos having been the stand alone fig for the past three years. 
Caramelised Figs with Hazelnuts. Source: teaforsix.com

Profumum Roma offers both options when it comes to fig, Ichnusa a herbal non sweet green fig that I recall was interesting and quite special but not something I would wear often therefore a 100 ml would be wasted on me and then there is Dambrosia on the opposite end of the spectrum of fig, that's more like a fig dessert and is perfect company for the other gourmands in the Profumum Roma range. 

On paper it's sparkling and green but the freshness is more transient on skin and it's a lusciously sweet fig and pear fruit salad that develops on skin with a dollop of cream to make it just a bit sinful. My cravings go haywire as the day progresses with Dambrosia evolving from fig as a healthy fruit to fig in a fruit salad to a caramelised fig served with vanilla ice-cream, one of my favourite desserts, it's heaven crunching through the thinly glazed outer shell and biting into the succulent ripe belly of the fig. Also in the dry down I smell a sweet woody note that reminds me of Le Labo's Santal 33, an airy sweet sandalwood that's perfect for tropical weather and matches perfectly well with my fig dessert. 

Fig+Pear Tart w/Honeyed Goat Cheese & Balsamic Caramelized Onions.
Source: meritandfork.com
Dambrosia in mythology is nectar for the gods and compared with the other gourmands that I've tried from Profumum Roma such as Vanitas, Confetto, Dulcis in FundoSorriso etc, Dambrosia is not as sweet as Vanitas and is more on par with Battito d'Ali's level of sweetness which is mildly sweet (apart from the candied orange blossom opening) and not tooth-decayingly so. Dambrosia may not be as unique as Ichnusa (based on my quick sampling of Ichnusa anyway) but I'm more of a Dambrosia girl and would prefer to smell Ichnusa on someone else. Projection and longevity are superb for Dambrosia.     


No comments:

Post a Comment