Monday 26 January 2015

Ore Slumberhouse

Desirability: Sample
Source: pinterest.com

I've been searching for The One. I mean in terms of chocolate scent. I've tried The Body Shop's Chocomania ( a lovely malt chocolate), Guerlain's Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin ( it's more of a delicious boozy vanilla than chocolate on me and the jury is still out on whether I should splurge on a bottle), Montale's Chocolate Greedy and Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Amour De Cacao were both equally sweet milk chocolate on me, a little like wearing Terry's Chocolate Orange actually. Parfumerie Generale's PG04 Musc Maori was a dud on me, I smelt like sour milk and chocolate powder sadly. Histoires de Parfums 1969 Parfum de Revolte and Arquiste's Anima Dulcis are two spiced chocolates that I adore and En Voyage Perfumes' CafĂ© Cacao is a heavenly salted chocolate like the Lindt sea salt dark chocolate bars, but as delightful as they are, I'm still looking for the swoon-worthy one. 
Source: morningcigarette.com

Ore smells very strongly of wood, it feels like I've walked into a woodshop where all kinds of wood are piled up and the floor is covered with a layer of sawdust. There's a sweet tarry smell alongside the wood that makes me think of a polish or a layer of glaze over the woodwork, it's a little too harsh and pungent for my liking and I think this is the whisky note others are picking up. The chocolate is present but it smells thin or diluted and peppery, not quite the thick creamy chocolate I'm in the mood for i.e Ore is not a gourmand by my definition at least. Ore is interesting and unique without a doubt and I thoroughly enjoyed testing my sample. I won't recommend it as a gourmand but if you are looking for a powerhouse caramelized woody/boozy scent that's evocative of old Camel or Marlboro advertisements featuring cowboys or other macho sorts. 





No comments:

Post a Comment