Saturday 31 January 2015

Tiptoeing Through Chambers of the Moon Pilar & Lucy

Desirability: Adoption by a more appreciative nose
Source: www.luckyscent.com

If Madame Tussauds ever did a giant tuberose model, Tiptoeing Through Chambers of the Moon would be a good one to perfume it. 

Looking at the gorgeous listed notes with the mixed spices, incense, tuberose and patchouli, I was hoping to smell like hippie chic. Instead, Tiptoeing Through Chambers of the Moon has got to be the waxiest tuberose I've ever smelt, to be brutally honest it smells like a vanilla tuberose candle. The spices are mild and fleeting, I managed to get a whiff of them when I applied the scent on but they were gone faster than sixty seconds. The rest of its lengthy lifetime, the candied tuberose drowned out any other notes. So you must like syrup and you MUST like tuberose laden with indoles or Tiptoeing Through Chambers of the Moon is a no-go zone. 

It's a youthful and cheerful, I enjoyed it while it lasted but it's not for me as it is way too sweet and waxy for my liking. At least not the EDP no matter how cute the bottle is.

No comments:

Post a Comment